- I do not have the drive/urge/need/want for a child. Simple as that.
- A child should be wanted. (See the first one)
- I have an anxiety disorder, so I am not mentally stable enough to cope with pregnancy, child birth or parenting.
- Pregnancy. Eww. When my best friend was pregnant, I often gagged in front of her when she said she could feel the babies. Nope. Nope. Nope.
- Child Birth. Need I say more?!
- Children have no fear, and that scares me. The constant anxiety of keeping a little person alive is too much.
- Expense. Children are expensive to keep and I don't see why the state should have to pay for my child. As a parent, I should be able to support that child.
- I like my lifestyle. I have the freedom to do what I want, when I want. I don't have to get another little person ready. Your life suddenly revolves around this other human. Not for me.
- They're noisy, smelly, germy. Nope.
- After I have spent time with the children in my life, I often nap. Those kiddies are exhausting!
- The world sucks. Google what happened in 2020. Definitely sucks.
- The environmental impact. This was never on my list of reasons, it's a happy addition I didn't think about.
- There are many children already in the world without families. I'd rather adopt those that are here.
Sometimes I'm asked why. But mostly, people don't question my choice. It's not for everyone. My choice has been clearly thought out. I have never wondered if I'm making the right decision. I'm happy.
No comments:
Post a Comment