Currently on furlough. Have been for about 3 weeks. My anxiety is really playing up. My anxiety is basically a toddler. Any change to it's routine and it throws an absolute strop. It plays ups, refuses to listen to reason, refuses to sleep and isn't interested in it's favourite toy anymore.
Seriously. Furlough obviously means I'm not in my usual routine. This causes some strange side effects. I'm physically tense. I can't sleep even though I'm tired. My usual coping techniques aren't working. My hobbies don't either relax me or interest me.
This also happens every time I take leave from work too. Usually I'm not off work for long enough for the 2 year old that is my anxiety to throw it's toys out of it's pram.
But, I know that once I settle in to my new routine, it'll settle down again. Just like a toddler.
No comments:
Post a Comment