Welcome to my blog. I write about all sorts of things, from politics to mindfulness. If you like my blogs, please share them with your friends or on social media. You can also subscribe to this blog and follow me on Instagram. I encourage you to join in the conversation in the comments at the end of each blog post. There are also links to the books I have written at the side of this blog. Right at the bottom of this blog are lists of various resourses relating to mental health and chronic pain as well as a contact form and blog archive.

22 March 2021

Anxiety 2021 Update

 I'm back!  

I'm in my 3rd week of sick leave, and I am feeling so much better. A few weeks ago I couldn't see the light at the end of the tunnel, but now I feel like I'm at the end of the tunnel, maybe even out in the light. I'm not confused or scared. I'm not stuttering, or holding my breath. 

My GP increased one of my medications. I allowed myself the time to recover. I didn't punish myself for having a bad day. I didn't rush my recovery. I just let my brain reset itself in it's own time. I'm reading and crocheting again. I'm sleeping better. 

I'll be going back to work once my sick note is up, assuming I don't get any worse of course.

To anyone out there suffering with mental health issues. Things will get better. Ask for help. Even if you don't know what help you need, a professional will be able to point you in the right direction. Speak to your doctor. Don't worry if you don't know what to say, just tell them you are struggling with your mental health. They will know what questions to ask you to find out what is happening.

Keep going. Keep talking. 

No comments:

Post a Comment